Are Microwaves Harmless??

Thursday, February 15, 2018

"I wonder if I should heat up my food in that microwave?" - Has that ever crossed your mind before placing your favorite food in this simple appliance called the microwave? And then, I would think, "But, it only takes a few seconds. It couldn't hurt my food that much." For years, I wandered about this and then, finally, I decided it was time I find out the truth. I was tired of being sick - and our kids being sick - and not getting to the root. This information was only a bit of the puzzle.

Did you know that microwaves emit about 2.4GHZ of radiation?? Low-dose radiation over an extended period of time isn't healthy at all for our bodies. Every once in a while, this type of radiation is fine. However, it is very detrimental to our bodies if we continually make our bodies susceptible to it for long periods of time. This is called "toxic overload." Our bodies are very similar to a bucket. It takes years for that bucket to get full. But, when it does, it wreaks all kind of havoc inside our body. Even this low dose of radiation can change your heart rateDr. Axe explains even more here in this video.

J.R. Goldsmith found that microwaves increased spontaneous abortions and causes shifts in our white and red bloods cell counts. This information confirms what I have recently suspected about my dad. My dad was diagnosed with Leukemia so I have been digging to find out what could have had a part in this drastic change within his blood cells. Dr. Mercola explains that even standing a foot away from a microwave can give you 400 milliGauss of radiation. But, it is a known fact that as little as 4 milliGauss has been linked to Leukemia.

By the way, we haven't even touched on the fact that low-dose radiation changes the food from being healthy foods to food that can cause cancer.  The electromagnetic frequencies sent through the food causes the water molecules to vibrate violently. This causes heat thereby heating the food. However, there is serious problem! When the cells vibrate so much, the electromagnetic frequency breaks apart the cells and changes them into being carcinogenic. The DNA of the cell has changed from something that nourishes the body to something that is detrimental. The DNA has been damaged!!!

Not only does the molecular structure of the food completely change, but Dr. Mercola said something that is very important.
"Microwaving fatty foods in plastic containers leads to the release of dioxins (known carcinogens) and other toxins into the body."

So, when we use the microwave, the food itself becomes damaged as well as contaminated by the release of dioxins. This is why blood for blood transfusions cannot be warmed in a microwave. This lady died from receiving blood heated in a microwave. The molecular structure of whatever is being heated is completely changed so cannot supply the body with what it needs to survive. Professor Franz Adelkofer, a leading scientist in the area of biological effects of EMF fields presents this information.
"There is real evidence that hyperfrequency electromagnetic fields can have geno-toxic effects. And this damaged DNA is always the cause of cancer.We've found these damaging effects on the genes at levels well below the safety limits. That's why we think it's urgent to base our safety limits on the biological effects, not the thermic ones. They should be based on biology, not on physics."

Pulling down the immune system is another side effect of microwave use. Our stomachs feel full on microwaved food but the nutrients have already been killed due to the electromagnetic frequencies being sent through the foods. The food can no longer supply the body with the vitamins and nutrients it needs. We feel full but we're still not really fed. When our bodies aren't fed the vitamins and nutrients they need, the immune system automatically becomes low. When this happens - viruses, bacteria, fungi, and any types of diseases have the access to move in and take over. Cancer thrives in this type of environment since our body can't fight it. Foods cooked in the microwave loose about 97% of their nutrients.

Sometimes being convenient isn't worth being unhealthy.

Another way microwaves deplete our immune system is by killing off Bio Photons or light energy. All natural foods contain light energy. Some have more than others; this energy comes from the sun and is stored in most foods.  This light energy makes us feel happy and gives us a sense of well-being and vitality. When we heat our foods in the microwave, this wonderful, life-giving energy is eliminated. This is why a lot of foods look lifeless and dead. That's a really good sign that they really are dead - so it's best to stay away from them - and definitely don't eat them!! These dead foods can't feed our body!!!

On a lighter note - there's a way around this!!!

First thing - is to plan ahead.

Plan your  meals at least several hours ahead. This helps us eat healthier where we don't have to use the convenience of the microwave. While you're cooking, make double and triple batches. Then, freeze these extra meals for later use when you don't have time to cook. This has always been a life-saver for me when I only have 20 or 30 minutes to cook an allergy-friendly meal completely from scratch.

Purchase non-toxic storage containers that are easily reheated.

The next most important step is to begin purchasing storage containers and products that can be reheated in an oven - containers that won't melt or break when heated. These are perfect for quickly heating up lunch during schooltime. I put them in my convection oven while we're working and waa-laa! Lunch is heated in about 7 minutes!!! I love the regular-sized convection ovens because it heats all the plates at once. That's even faster than a microwave!!! Anyway, back to the list of reheatables:

                                 Stainless Steel Plates                    Small Pyrex Bowls

I've found a lot of stainless steel plates at Flea Markets and Antique Shops for good prices. My grandma gave me hers when she passed away which was an amazing blessing! These plates can also be ordered online. Stainless steel plates last for years!! They don't break!!!!

Make a list of appliances that would save you time and money. 

When my husband asks me what I want for my birthday or Christmas, I tell him several things on my list. He's always a great shopper when it comes to bargains. So, when he comes across a bargain, he gets it so it will save me time in the kitchen. And, of course, that's one of the best presents any woman can have. Right?? So, here's a few things you really need if you want to avoid using the microwave:

                                  Convection Oven                      Induction Hotplate    

                                  Toaster Oven                             Pressure Cooker  

                                  Crock-Pot                                     Electric Smoker                              

I've been working on this list for a couple of years and finally have them all. It might take a while to find these at the price that fits your budget but it's well worth it.

This is a way to avoid using the electromagnetic appliance called the microwave!!! Of course, it's probably not going to hurt you to use it once or twice a year.  But, if it's used a lot, that radiation will build up in your body and can cause a lot of unwanted problems in the future. It takes a bit of time to switch our thinking but it can be done - one step at a time. I hope you enjoy your journey to becoming a healthier YOU.

Does your family use a microwave?

If so, what steps have you used to cut down on EMFs?

How were you able to avoid the "quick warm-up" issues?

I'd love to talk and see what has worked for your family! ♥

[Tweet "Are Microwaves Harmless? What do they do to our foods? Can they affect our immune system?"]
Check out my Natural Living & Natural DIY Pinterest Board for more information about health issues.




  1. Hi Rebekah! This is a great post! It took me longer than it should have to get rid of my microwave. But we finally did it several years ago and adjusted very quickly. It was actually easier than I thought it would be. At first I kept it in the garage for emergencies but never even used it all so we got rid of it! Thanks for the great info😊

  2. Hi Meghan- I'm so glad this post helped you! We are still learning to warm up foods quickly without the microwave. It has taken a while to transition but now we use a convection oven most of the time. Have a wonderful day!

  3. This is something I've been researching over the past few weeks after someone told me they'd got rid of theirs, and why. We use ours ALOT so it would be difficult to get rid of it, and we've never had any noticeable bad effects (although that doesn't mean they're not there). I only first started using a microwave a few years ago though so if we survived without it before we can do it again! Thanks for your article.

  4. I totally understand what you mean about having a microwave and using it a lot. I used it all the time until about a year ago when I ran across all this information. Since then, I've been using it only when my husband wants his food warmed up quickly and doesn't want to wait for the convection oven. Our microwave is now starting to go out. My husband wanted to buy me a new one but I told him I'd rather have a convection oven. I truly believe God heard me talking. My husband found a double convection oven marked down from $2,100 to $280. I was so proud of my husband for finding this deal. So, I guess this is the last microwave we will have once it goes out. I hope this encourages you about finding other options instead of the microwave. Have a very blessed day!!